Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Turbo (RF Turam): 5/6 - My Birthday!!

(*NOTE* Turbo is not yet available for adoption pending some testing)

Hi everyone! It's me, Turbo! Guess what yesterday was? Can you guess it?? Yep - it was Cinco de Mayo. Which means?? IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY!!!

I guess the title of this post kinda gave that away, huh? Oh, well - is what it is. But it's pretty exciting turning four years old. I think it's going to be an awesome year.

Wait - you don't even know what I look like yet! We have to fix that...

Wait, that's not very flattering!

Hey, what's the deal here?

As you can see, my foster dad - Uncle Chris (UC for short) - has evidently gotten into the tequila early today. Sheesh. Hey UC, can we get a decent picture of this sweet puppy, please?!?

That's me and my pal, Dino the Dinosaur!

Dino skeeks, which is super fun.

Okay, that's better! Let's learn a little about me, is that okay?
  • I'm rather cute, as you can see.
  • I'm a typical greyhound for my age.
    • I like to nap
    • I do good with either yard play or daily walks
    • I love food and treats
  • I'm a complete lovebug. I love getting petted and ear scratches and stuff.
  • I have no interest in getting on the furniture.
    • I do like blankies and soft doggie beds, though.
  • I'm average size for a male greyhound.
There are some things I'm still working on...
  • I'm stubborn.
    • I'll admit it. If I don't want to do something, it's going to be tough to convince me.
  • Sometimes I'm a little particular about things like Dino or special chew bones or stuff.
    • But I'm learning to be a good boy about it.
    • I'll trade you - If you have a small piece of cheese? You can have my chewy or toy.
  • I'm just starting to learn all my obedience commands.
    • Sit, Stay, and Down are essential - so I've got a little work to do!
So, some good and some things I'm getting better at! Just like all of us.

This isn't staged - I just love Dino!! Am I cute or what??

So that's a little about me - thanks in advance for all the birthday wishes 😀

I'll keep you updated as to my progress, okay?

And don't forget that while I'm not available yet, as noted on top, I will be pretty soon - so don't forget about Turbo!

Love and Nose Bumps,
Turbo