Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Endo (Lee Endo): 5/4 - Happily Healing

So a few weeks have passed since my last update so I thought I would jump on here while my foster mom is busy.

I am continuing to heal and all reports say everything is healing super well. I am out of the hard cast and into a softer splint.  I like it much better than the cast. It's lighter and I can move more freely.  My foster mom is not too happy that I am trying to get a little bouncy and she keeps saying I need to keep "four on the floor."  I'm not sure what that means I just know that I'm super happy and like to show everyone that happiness.  Keeping me occupied has been a bit of a challenge because I am feeling really good and want to move around more than my foster family would like.  So to keep my activity satisfied they take me outside onto the patio with them when the neighbors come over to visit.  I like this A LOT because everyone I meet is a friend.  I like to give them some good tail wags and a smile before I plant a soft kiss on them.  (Hehehe, it's my little covert plan just to smooch on people).  I like making them smile when I lean into them for more petting, everyone seems to like that and I've heard a few folks tell my foster mom they are going to sneak me home with them.  Foster mom is very protective of me though and would never let that happen.  

I am enjoying my meal times and always clean my bowl.  I lost a bit of weight during my surgery and hospital stay so FoMom has been putting in some delightful additions to my food.  Last weigh in was 69lbs.  

The hospital where I get my cast and bandage changes have taken great care of me. I love them and I love going to see them.  They always make sure my bandages are very dapper-looking when they get changed.  I am having another bandage change this week and I can't wait to see what new designs they come up with.  Here is a photo of my admirers...err... I mean the vet techs.


I'm looking forward to finding my forever home when all this is over.  I would probably do best in a home with a 6' fence or a home that exclusively leash walks.  I may have to be on some restricted activity for a while once adopted which means no heavy running in the yard or super long walks but as my endurance and muscles build up I will be able to do more regular activity.  I do have a few special requests for forever home candidates though...I like some super soft beds, I like to sleep on one right next to you on the floor at night, also I really like treats and have learned to take them very gently.  

If you like kisses and snuggles, I'm your guy.  I'm tall, tan, and handsome too, so if that is a prerequisite then I'm a solid candidate.  Stay tuned for another update once Fomom is distracted. XOXOX Love, Endo