Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Rusty (RS Rusty Nail): 5/18 - Welcome to Retirement!

Hi there! 👋🏼 Rusty Nail here! 🔨 




I have been adjusting to my new life as a house dog. Houses have so many strange things: throw pillows (that you don’t throw), plants (that you can’t pee on), slippery stairs, things that spin on the ceiling, boxes that make noise… I have been exhausted by all of the new things I’m learning and experiencing, so I have been taking a lot of naps. 




I like to go for long walks with my foster siblings (I’m the handsome boy on the far right), and I absolute love food and treats and toys that I can chew. Sometimes, I get a bit overwhelmed by new things that I don’t understand, but eventually my curiosity takes over and I have to check the new things out!




It takes me a little while to come out of my shell and feel comfortable, but when I do, I like to sing and play and explore!


🤎 Rusty