Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Jaelyn (PJ Stickysticker): 3/3 - Retirement life

Hi Folks,

Foster Mom (FM) loves my race name PJ Stickysticker but says its a mouthful so she calls me my kennel name Jaylyn.  I started my retirement on Saturday with a car ride from West Va. with 5 other greyhound buddies. We arrived at Greyhound Central where we all had a photoshoot and received SPA treatments that included baths and pedicures with many hugs and kisses from the volunteers helping out.  It was a long day but exciting. 

In my new foster home I have two greyhound brothers who are brown and white just like me.  It seems FM has a thing for brown and white hounds, but she swears it just worked out that way.  My foster brothers are super cool and I follow them around to see how things work around this place. In addition to my foster brothers and FM, there is a daddy, a tall boy teenager, and another guy coming this weekend for something called spring break.  FM tells me this is the family but I think she is missing someone.  There is another mysterious dog I keep seeing and it is not one of my foster brothers.  I think it is a magic dog as it comes and goes randomly.  This magic dog appears at night and I see it in the TV and in the glass door and in the mirror and in the windows. The weird thing is it looks just like me!  When I am not trying to find this fourth magic dog I enjoy the good meals, treats, soft beds, and hugs and kisses from the family.  Foster mom says I am a sweet good girl and that I am going to find a greyt furever home soon. In the meantime I have more things to learn and practice but I will keep searching for that magic dog.  #retiredlife #whereisthemagicdog #adoptdontshop

striking a pose

supervising foster bro's nap.
learning about beds

three of a kind