Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Lisa (PJ Pinkies Up): 2/17 - Weekend fun!

Hi There! I just thought
I'd pop in with a little pupdate!

I've been doing really well at my foster home, but it was kind of a crummy week because of all the rain we were getting. Sitting inside may be no fun, but walking in the rain is definitely no fun. I toughed it out, but in case you were considering a walk in the rain, I do not recommend it. 

All in all, the weekend has been much better. My foster family took me on a little drive to Colonial Williamsburg. We went for a nice, long walk. There was even this street called Duke of Gloucester (DOG) Street!  Speaking of dogs, there were a lot around. And people, too. They even had horses! There was lots to see and, of course, smell! Lots of old buildings and history. Who knew walks could be so educational!?




Once we got home, I was so exhausted I had what the humans call a "bed fail". 
What can I say, it's hard being a tired pup. 


After dinner, I got it all figured out: 
Bed ✅
Blankie ✅
Stuffie ✅
Sleepy Time 😴



Until next time, 
-Lisa 🐾