Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Lisa (PJ Pinkies Up): 12/18 - I've been a busy girl!


Hello Friends! Lisa here with a retirement update. I've been really busy and am learning a lot. Here's everything I've been up to since my last post: 
  • I've discovered beds and I love to play with toys. I especially like the toys I can chew on. I guess soft toys are okay, too. 



  • I like having my belly rubbed and my ears scratched. 


  • I'm getting better at climbing up and down the stairs. 


  • I've been working on this thing called "alone time". The idea of being alone never crossed my mind since I haven't ever been alone. I thought it would be scary without all my friends around, but it's not so bad. The peace and quiet is great for catching some ZZZs. 
    Hey Foster Mom, enough with the photos! What does a
    pup have to do to get some sleep around here?
  • I'm learning to supervise my foster mom as she goes about her chores. I like to follow her around and keep an eye on what she's doing. 
Need a clean up crew? I'm your gal!

  • I'm learning how to follow commands. I know how to go to my bed and how to sit. I also know "kennel up" means I have to go to my crate. I've figured out the best part of learning these commands are all the treats! 
I never said my sit was pretty
Well Folks, that's all for now. Time for me to practice my roach, though you'll see I'm quite the natural! Check it out: 



Until next time, 
Lisa 🐾