Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Manny (CET Big Man): 12/18 - Learning "stuff"


Hi it’s Manny! The last few days I’ve been learning to do ‘stuff’. Like going for a walk to the pet store to choose a treat. I love going for walks, although I get a little frightened by big noises like cars and buses going by. My foster parents say I’ll get used to it eventually though.


When I’m not out exploring I love to have naps and quiet time. So far the best thing about retirement is having a long nap, then waking up to have a yummy dinner 🍗🦴


Retirement has been great, but it’s not always smooth sailing. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night not sure where I am. My foster sister is a beagle who every now and then walks up stairs when I’m trying to play with her. I can’t do stairs yet so sometimes I feel like she’s avoiding me!


My foster parents say that my forever family will need to be patient, loving, and gentle with me. Plus as excited to see me as I am them at the end of the day. I hope that will be you!


- Manny