Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Hemi (Mac's Hemi): 12/18 - I came in like a wrecking ball!

That's right. FoMa sez I'm a big galoot and that I'm super strong. When I come in from outside, I don't play around and she sez I come in like a wrecking ball. Glad she doesn't know all the words to the song, cause she's not a very good singer.

Gad! Do I have to wear this jacket? I's so embarrassed!
Anyways, what she means is that I'm a big, strong, HANDSOME, strapping young lad. She sez I'm a gentle giant though cause I like cuddles and pats so much. Not gonna lie...I love snuggling together on the dog bed. I tried to get up and snuggle her on the sofa a couple of times, but apparently it's frowned upon 😔

Prepared to snuggle! 
I mostly have the stairs mastered. They puts cookies on the steps and I slowly make my way up crunching along the way. Before I knows it, I'm there and then I'm scared to come back down. FoMa sez I'm a work in progress.

Stairs are hard. Just sayin'. Now I needs to relax!
I been getting along good with the cat. She's not afraid of me any more. She lets me take quick sniffs of her bottom, but I mighta got a little too enthusiastic yesterday and she hissed and swatted at me. Geez! I thought everyone liked getting their bottom sniffed. Cats...they're a mystery best left unsolved.

Well, that's all the updates I have for now! Oooooh...I almost forgot to tell you how much I love Christmas trees!! There may or may not have been a couple of incidents of theft and unplugging of the lights, but I'm getting the hang of it after lots of "Hemi No!". It's a magical time of the year 😍

Can't wait to see you soon!

Lots of Love,

Hemi
xoxo