Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Burnie (Par Burn it Down): 11/3 - Meet Burnie



Hi! I’m Burnie. My racing name was ‘Feel the Burn’. I’m big, handsome, brindle, and full of life! I’ve been in my foster home for a couple of days now, and I’ve been working non-stop to show my foster parents how amazing I am. Going for long walks-check! Eating my dinner and breakfast in 4.3 seconds-check! Sleeping through the night-check! 🐶


Even though I’m amazing apparently I need “a little work” in a few areas, like pulling on the leash and keeping my nose (and sometimes paws!) off the counters. I’m a quick learner though, so I’m sure I’ll get better really soon.


The thing about me is that while I’m big and strong, I can be gentle and have a heart of gold. I love to wag my tail and be close to my foster parents at all times. I even tried to nap with my foster sister last night, although I was too big for the bed!


This whole retirement thing is super new to me, but I’m looking forward to learning more about it, and finding my forever family soon!

- Burnie.