Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Flash (Ja's Green Flash): 11/4 - I am here!

Wow!  What a journey! 
 It's been very exciting the last few days.  
So many new things and new friends.  
It was amazing seeing everything on the way to my foster's. 
 I just loved watching everything go by and enjoyed every second of it!



I did get a bit sleepy after a while so curled up, 
rested my head on the seat and 
fell asleep for the rest of the ride home.


At my foster's home, I got to meet 4 (yes 4!) other dogs.  
2 are greyhounds just like me (except much bigger) 
but they are just as happy as me too and we all bounced around for a little bit!
The other 2 are smaller pittie mixes (I'm still taller than them though)
but they are so cute and were so happy to meet me!
I also met 2 fluffies that I was told are cats and not meant to be chased like at the track.  
No matter, I'm retired and didn't much care about them anyways.
And, I met a little guy - he's 11 and I really like him too.
(He's much smaller than the big humans)

I loved exploring the backyard - lots of new smells and sounds, 
so different than the track.  
I could stay out there for hours 
but have to come in because they keep telling me 
"it's too cold to stay outside too long right now"
O-well, I'll just have to settle for hanging out ... 
and getting first dibs on the awesome orange bed!


Hope to hang out in my forever home real soon!

Bestest,
Flash