Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Maine (IMH Maine): 10/18 - The cat and I are friends

Hi Everyone!

She likes me!! She really likes me!! I'm pretty sure Libby the cat wants to be my friend. She hissed at me a little yesterday, but I think she was just cranky. I'm winning her over! She'll be eating out of my paw in no time!

I'm enjoying being part of a family. Mostly, I play with toys, snooze with the other hounds, and go for walks. Foster Mama says I'm an easy girl and I'm gonna make my new family very happy. Helllooo...of course I will! Sheesh.

Sleeping and playing...good living'!
I eat well, potty well, and don't have accidents in the house. I'm purty good on a leash but sometimes I get distracted and wander a bit. I don't pull at all though cause that would be ruuuude. I sure do like to follow my peoples around. FoMa says I have FOMO...whatever that's supposed to mean!

Is it true? FoMa says I have "wonky" ears.
Today FoMa gave me peanut butter ((cue angels singing)). OMG. It was soooo good! Almost as good as cheese! So many food adventures. I love being retired.

My mouth was glued together, but it was worth it!
Well, I have to go now and get my beauty rest for tomorrow. I gotta look good for my new family. Can't wait to meet you tomorrow!

Maine
xoxo