Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Little Bud - 10/13/19 - FM's Secret Weapon


Hi folks.  I have been having a greyt week here in my foster home.   I thought I would check in and let you know how retirement is going.   I am settling into a routine of eating, sleeping, long walks, checking the backyard for squirrels, chasing my foster brothers, more sleeping, more eating, getting pets, hugs, and belly rubs.  Foster mom (FM) said I should let everyone know that I am a good boy. I have not had any accidents in the house, unless you count knocking over a food bowl from the raised feeder an accident.  FM has a secret weapon and it sure works for me. It is this spectacular substance called CHEESE.  I will do ANYTHING for cheese and so will my foster brothers.  Today we practiced jumping in and out of the car. As soon as FM pulled out the cheese and threw a few shreds in the back of that car  I jumped right in that back hatch and then I jumped out for cheese.  We played that game a bunch of times and she promises we will do more car games tomorrow.   Stairs, no problem with or without the cheese but with cheese is always better.  FM says I am about ready for a furever home and to be someone's furever pup.  I am going to have to let my new peeps know about FM's secret weapon.   ~Bud.

Bud:  Be still my heart

Bud: Did someone say dinner?
Bud: Is that a squirrel ?- FM: "leave it Bud"
Just being handsome

Bud:  can't you stop working and pet me?
Bud: I'm not going anywhere.
Bud: still here.  FM: okay Bud you win