Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Bud (Little Bud): 10/13 - Hi Y'all

Hi everyone,  my official racing name is Little Bud but that is sort of silly because I am not little at all.  I am a big guy though my foster brother Reese still has about a half an inch on me. Everyone calls me Bud, or Buddy.  Retirement is new to me. I ran my last race in Florida on 9/29 just two weeks ago.  It's been a whirlwind since then with travel to the great state of Maryland. I've had spa treatments, vet visits, and met all sorts of new people.  I've finally settled into my new foster home with two foster brother greyhounds that are showing me the ropes. Things like how to do stairs, where the back door is for outs, how it is not a good idea to run full speed on hardwood floors cause you may not be able to stop.  All good things to know, I tell ya. Foster mom, dad and their teen boy are the best.   I love to put my head in their laps for rubs.  I try to climb in their laps to snuggle, but there is some silly rule about no fosters on the furniture. Since I can't get in their laps, I give them all lots of kisses instead.  I am in heaven 😍 when they rub my belly.  Foster mom says I am the most affectionate greyhound she has ever met and a happy, happy, boy.  What's not to be happy about so far retirement is greyt.

Foster mom says I am a sweet guy and so handsome. 

Well looking a little silly here, but hint hint,
sure would love a belly rub, someone, anyone? 

Ahh, retirement is the best!


Foster mom, please can't I chase the squirrel?