Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Kim (Hang Em High Kim): 10/10 - It's a Greyt Start!

Hi!  My name is Hang Em High Kim but you can just call me Kim!  I came to Southern Maryland a week ago and I love it here!  Well, I'm pretty laid back and can be happy anywhere! This is me at my foster home looking out my very first front door!    I do love how the sun makes my jet black fur glisten!!!



I am a pretty confident girl and it didn't take me very long to investigate the whole house!  By the end of my first day I had seen it all, could navigate the stairs and go through the doggie door to get to the back yard to take care of essential business!  Sometimes new things require a little trial and error to get it just right....one such thing was the doggie beds!  Who knew?!! At first I just laid on the cool floor next to my foster sister.








Then I figured out that I too could partake of the soft cozy beds but getting all the way on the bed isn't as easy as it looks!!!




But like Goldie Locks I finally got it just right!  Now I am a master snoozer!




Oh did I tell you about the toys?!!  I LOVE squeaky toys!!!



I have four foster sisters! Two are greyhounds just like me and we are getting along just great! We hang out and all go for walks together!  Two are smaller and don't like to play as much but they are ok!  We all get along great but sometimes I get a little grumpy when one of my foster sisters wants to get in my bed....you see I have never had my own bed before but foster mom says we have to learn to share so we are working on it!

I LOVE hanging out with my foster mom and dad!  I like to follow them around so I always know where they are.  I also LOVE getting hugs, and kisses on the nose and rubs and scritches anywhere my humans can reach!  They say I get extra attention because I am so sweet!  And who am I to argue!!

I can't wait to meet you!  I will be watching for you!!!