Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

MJ Cream - Back for More


Hey everyone!  MJ for the win!  I know it’s been a long time since anyone has heard from me and I’m sorry to have kept my fan base waiting for so long.  It has been a very busy few weeks!  I’ve been working hard at learning leash manners and I’ve about got it licked!  I listen to “heel” pretty good now and really love to take walks!  I still get really excited to see other people, but I’m learning to wait nicely to meet them.  Fo-pa says I’m doing greyt!  This past week I got to spend a lot of time with one of my Fo-sis and Fo-niece.  They absolutely adored me and I was on my very best behavior. I got a lot of love, hugs, and cuddles!  My absolute favorite!  The said they wished they could have taken me back to Georgia with them, but Fo-pa said I had duties to attend to here (you know - like becoming one of your furever pals)!  A new adoption day is coming soon and believe me!  I’m so ready to meet you all and find a nice spot deep in your hearts to cuddle up into and furever change your life!  Until next time!