Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Dutch Jubilee (aka Jem) 8/19/19 - Starbursts or Skittles?

Hello fans!
I'd like to introduce myself as I just came to my foster home on Saturday.  I got to ride there with one of my other friends (Kimmie) and quite enjoyed the ride and the company (once we figured out where to settle in the car).  When we got to my foster's, there were others just like us!  One looked like my friend and 2 others that are all black!  We were a very colorful group.  This picture made them wonder if maybe we were Starburts or Skittles - lol!  (That's Kimmie, Selene, Hendrix, Grande and ME :)  We're a 100% GEGR pack!!


So, a few things I've gotten use to already:
 Stairs
I only hesitated for a second but then just went right up. 
(they're saying I gotta slow down just a little bit at the end 
but I'm just so proud of myself for not being afraid of them)
Those traction-free floors!  
Thankfully there are some carpets but I don't really need them, I just take my time.
My one foster friend said it's actually hot lava and he can't believe I step on it!
Breakfast and Dinner Time
I am very polite about waiting my turn to get my food and I eat it nice and slow. 
There's no rushing me to eat :)
Cats
Fluffy little furballs, not much else to say about them.
(I'm retired and have no desire to chase fluffballs anymore)
Kids
OMGosh - there is a little boy, he's 11, that is already my BFF!  
He keeps saying I need to stay and be his dog because 
I love following him around and hanging out with him. 
He's definitely my favorite part so far.
(PS - Mom says "nope, the inn is full here and there's someone else out there who needs me too")

Well, I think that's all for now.  Who out there needs me?  I certainly need you!!
Love,
Jem