Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Windy Trixie

Hello everyone, I am a 2 year old female greyhound named Trixie and I am looking for a forever home!


Today I arrived at Greyt Expectations and after some grooming I met my foster dad. I am very excited and constantly checking everything out and always wagging my tail! I do get excited an try to hop up to greet people but that’s because everything is new to me. I am able to jump into the back of an SUV and the ride to  my foster home was 45 minutes.



I did fine in the car but did not like to sit down at all. My foster dad put me in a chest harness and secured it to an anchor point so I had just enough slack to stick my head out of the window and enjoy what any normal dog would do!


When I got to my foster home I met  another greyhound plus some pretty strange looking dogs; two large Great Pyrenees, a Golden Retriever, and a little Beagle mix. After a was walked around the yard I was muzzled let loose with the other greyhound and then the little beagle was introduced. Even though he was running with us, I greeted him and we played around but I minded my manners and was not aggressive with him at all.



Inside the house I have learned to walk on hardwood and tile floors and have no problem navigating stairs. Me being the “new gal” with five male dogs checking me out, I didn’t show any signs of aggression. 

Well, today has been a long with lots of new and interesting things and I am about tuckered out. Its kinds of weird not sleeping in a crate every night but my foster dad is going to see how I do tonight sleeping free-range in the house.