Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Exclusive Unity - 8/20 - The Number One

What's up y'all! My name is Unity and that's what I am. Looking for someone to complete your family? I'm that guy. The smartest, the chillest, the handsomest, the one and only...

Wait, what? FoMa was NOT supposed to take this! She's in for it, I tell ya...
Okay so whatever, I sometimes sleep with my head cocked and my tongue out. Work hard, play hard...amiright?

I've had an awesome week! My buddies at GEGR scored me a sweet foster home with three other furry pals! I've been having a blast getting to know what is expected of me in retirement and let me tell you, I'm a quick study.
This is what I'm supposed to do, right? They don't call us the 40 mph couch potatoes for nothing! In true Greyhound fashion, I've mastered the napping thing. I like my crate very much, but am also quite happy to partake in the MANY comfy beds around the house.

I LOVE being outside! My foster brothers and sister have been lazy house dogs with this heat, but I love to check out the back yard with my foster Mom. She says I love to take time to appreciate nature before doing my business, but shouldn't we all? I mean, isn't grass the greatest ever for contrasting this magnificent coat?
Yes, I'm gorgeous and I know it. So let's get down to the meat and potatoes of me, Unity (mmm potatoes).
I am sweet, snuggly, and a fast learner. I love to eat and kennel up happily for my meals. I am lauded for my singing when the mood strikes and my voice is a gift from the heavens. I correct nicely and don't hold grudges. I am sleeping happily through the night and wait at the door for potty (FoMa is teaching me the bell! I'm starting to get the hang of it!). I get along famously with my furry foster siblings, but I am enamored with the humans.
I refuse to be conquered by the stairs. They're tricky and I sometimes need help and encouragement, but I am super brave and getting better every day.

All I need is love...and lots of time outside (did I mention that I LOVE being outside?). If this sounds like you too, we are a match made in heaven. Look me up. Until then...

MUAH!
❤ Unity