Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

MJ Cream - MJ all day


Hey all!  MJ here to tell you it has been soooo hot lately!  I gathered all my colleagues together to have a meeting about how to beat the heat.  The general consensus was to just sleep on it...so...I...did!

I still get to run and play a little in the FoFam’s backyard for a few minutes, but my walks have been limited.  FoPa tells me that we are going to the pet store today to get me some food and to meet other amanalls and peoples.  He also says the place will have air condition so that’s cool (ha!)  If I’m a good boy, maybe I’ll get my very own toy.  I love toys and my FoPeeps have been very kind to let me barrey theirs.  Anyway...I’ll update you on the pet store x-ka-paid and hopefully have a new squeaky to show off!  I know my furever family is out there and I can’t wait till you can take me out and show me off to peoples and amanalls!  I’ll be a greyt ambassador for our family and make you so proud!