Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

LastoftheMohican July 21st

Hi Everyone!

It's Moe! I told Foster Mama "Hurry UP and blog!!! My new family needs to know how I'm doing!"

I had a busy week (sniff...we won't talk about what they did to my "parts"), but I'm adjusting well. Foster Mama says I'm "rezileeant" whatever that's supposed to mean! Anyways, I arrived at my new foster home on Thursday and I was really shy and quiet at first, but now I OWN that place. It didn't take me long to learn that living in a house is a pretty sweet gig! I'm so good at it that Foster Mama took off my belly band! I haven't had any accidents in the house! She sez I'm a really good boy and smart!

My first day with Foster Mom...I was feeling shy

My foster home has two greyhounds and a cat! I get along really well with the hounds, but the cat is a weirdo, so I just ignore her. Last night I got to meet some new friends and their "mini-weiner" dog! Whoa...that little thing was alllllllll over the place, but I just ignored her and she went and tortured the other two hounds instead. As for the peoples....oh my gosh! I loved them! I went to the door and said "where you been all my life?" I leaned on them, got pats from them, and showed them to the living room. They's my new friends for life.

I'm working hard at learning new things round here. I've been going for walks every day. I pull a little on the leash at first cause I'm SO EXCITED, but then I relax and am a good. The stairs...welllllll...maybe I'm struggling a bit with that. I'm real good at going down them, but going up them is kinda hard! Foster Mama sez we're gonna work on that this week.

Foster Papa sez I'm a big, strong, boy! He calls me "Squinty-eyed Moe" and sez I probably won all my races "by a nose" cause I have a long one! RUDE!!! Foster Mama sez I'm beautiful and have the BEST personality...not too clingy...just lovey-dovey.

You don't think this photo makes my nose look big do you?
Well, I gotta go and get my beauty sleep. I can't wait to meet you next week!!!!

Love,

Moe