Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Cyclone Joey Climbs Mt Trashmore



Hey everyone! Joey here.  I wanted to tell you all about my day yesterday.  First, I climbed up a mountain...then I climbed down a mountain!  Granted there were stairs on both sides (which I totally am getting the hag of) but it was a mountain just the same.  It was a nice day and I got to meet a lot of peoples and other doggies.  Everyone was very friendly to me and I was so chill with them...even the tiny peoples!  We walked around and I was so good on my leash and just enjoyed seeing the sights and smelling the smells.  I saw ducks and just watched them.  I didn’t feel I needed to chase them at all.  It was a greyt day and I came back to the house and just relaxed and took a big nap!  Seems that I’m really enjoying the new opportunities to get out and about and experience new things.  It’s a big world full of adventure!  Do you want to share these adventures with me?  It would make me wag my tail!