Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Cyclone Joey



Hey!  It’s me, Joey!  How you doo-in?  I’m super.  I’ve found that a couple of the best things about being retired are stuffie toys and dog beds!  The place I’m at right now has an abundance of both and I’m just soaking it in!  I  love to toss the stuffie in the air and catch them and then I’ll do zommie laps around the house with it in my mouth!  It is so much fun!  Sometimes a people will play catch with me and it is the greatest!  I’ll play so hard that I’ll tire myself  out AND that is where the dog beds come in.  I’ll rest awhile and then I’m up and ready to do it again!  My favorite game is when I rest on the comfy bed, a people will pick up all the toys and put them away just so I can pull them all out again and spread them throughout the house!  Everyone thinks it’s adorable and I’ll have to agree!  I can’t wait to be this adorable in my furever home.  Will someone please help me with that?  I can promise it will change your life and mine too!