Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Mac's Mandrill: 6/23/19 - These Boots Are Made for Walkin'!

I love my new boots 👢

Hello Friends!
Mandy here to tell you about these new boots I've recently discovered. These things have really been life changing.  I've always loved to walk, but found doing so to be a little uncomfortable due to the corns that develop on my paw pads from time to time. I've never let them keep me from doing exactly as I please, but that doesn't mean they aren't bothersome. Well, the good news is I don't have to worry about that anymore. These  booties have a stretchy upper that my paw can easily slide into, and velcro closures that keep them fitting snugly. The cushioned inner sole and thick rubber outer sole help keep my paws comfy and give me great traction. With these boots, I'm unstoppable!


My foster parents took me for a walk in historic Yorktown a few weeks ago to give me a chance to test out these bad boys. We walked the River Walk along the York River and I had no problem keeping up. In fact, I was up in front setting the pace and we walked almost 2 miles! I really hope my Forever Family likes to walk as much as I do. Don't worry, I won't slow you down!

Here are some more photos from my walk:

How can you say no to this pretty face?

Checking out the Coleman Bridge over
the York River.
Taking in the sights with my foster brother.
A happy post-walk pup!

Down for the count.

As you can see, I'm a great walker, especially with the aid of these boots. I'll make sure to pack them when I head to my Forever Home so we can take lots of walks together. If you love adventures as much as I do, make sure to stay tuned for my next blog post where I'll tell you all about discovering my one true calling: Hiking! 

Hiking the Appalachian Trail!

That's all for now!
-Mandy