Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

It’s me, Kong!




I’ve been settling in to my new foster home and learning how to be part of a family. What you need to know about me is that I absolutely LOVE going for walks. Exploring the neighborhood, meeting new pups and people, taking in sights and smells is my favorite thing to do. Of course my next favorite thing to do is sleep it off when we get home. True to our reputation, I’m a greyhound that needs a quiet place to rest and recharge my batteries!




I’m still learning how to do dog things, like stairs and peeing without getting it all over my front paws. Im getting along great with my foster sister who is a little beagle mix. I sometimes bump in to her without realizing but she doesn’t seem to mind. I’m ok with being left in my crate overnight when it’s bed time, but when my foster parents get up in the morning I’m full of feelings and happy sounds!



Even though I’m a big sweet (and handsome!) boy, underneath it all I’m a sensitive soul. I do think I’ll take some time to adjust to my forever family...but I can’t wait to meet them.

Kong.