Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Trash Can Teddy: 5/22 - It's About Time We Met

Hi folks.
My name is Trash Can Teddy. Please just call me Teddy. No need to talk about trash cans, peeing on trash cans, the turning over of trash cans, or eating out of trash cans. I don't do any of those things.(any more)

I'm big handsome brindle boy and I just turned 2 at the end of March.  I've been hanging out at my foster mom's place with her 3 pups. One of them is young like me and we have lots of fun together.  Foster mom says I was a bit immature when I first came. She kept calling me a puppy head. She told me I was going to have to graduate from greyhound boot camp in order to be ready for my furever family.

Challenge accepted foma. This cool dude is ready for school. Right after my nap.  What? My brain needs to rest before all of that learning.