Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Good morning it’s Kong!


Good morning! Kong here. I’ve been learning what it’s like to get in to a routine where Monday to Friday my foster parents go to work in the morning, then come back in the afternoon (!!!). It turns out I’m pretty good at it.






Someone called a ‘dog walker’ let’s my foster sister and I out in the back yard for a potty break around lunch time...then it’s back to sleep. While I am good at patiently waiting for my foster parents to get home, when they do arrive, I am SUPER ready for some attention and a walk! I think I’m a pretty adaptable boy! I do have a couple of little quirks, but I’ll tell you about them next time : )