Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Happy weekend! Love, Kong

Happy Saturday! This whole “weekend” thing is pretty great. My foster people are around all day, and I am enjoying alternating between laying in the sun on the porch and my soft bed inside. It should be Saturday every day, because my favorite thing is hanging with the pack.

I’ve been really busy this week, learning and trying new things. We went to a “restaurant” where we sat outside and had dinner. It was hard to sit still at first, but I got the hang of it. I think I’m pretty sparkling dinner company. I am also getting the hang of “stairs” - still not sure about climbing the huge mountain to the second floor but I am fine with the few steps to the yard and out the front door. It’s weird how you have to put one paw up and then the other and the other and the other but foster people promise it’s a good skill to learn. Guess I’ll keep working on it.


Man, have you ever seen a squirrel?? They are incredible. Such amazing tails and they are so fast. I want to follow them up the trees but turns out I can’t really climb. Because I’m a “dog.”

Whew! Saturday’s are exhausting. I’m going to nap with my bear toy and get ready for a big walk this afternoon. Hope you’re having a nice weekend!