Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Tempo Fusion - Happy Easter 4/21/2019

Hi everyone, this is my first blog as I have been very busy settling into retirement and recovering from surgery to my leg.  I have to say the fine folks at GreytExpectations were so kind to sponsor my surgery.  Foster mom says that is because they knew that I am such a special guy and they just had to have me become a GEGR dog.  Foster mom says I am U-B-E-R handsome and have a super nice personality to match.  I've been learning about all the new sights and experiences of being retired.  During my recovery I have to be leash walked in the backyard so I can gain strength in my leg and must refrain from doing zoomies with my foster brothers.  That's kind of a bummer cause it looks so fun when they do that.  I am being good though and following doctors orders.  Last week I discovered the toy basket.  Well I'll tell you, these toy things are so fun,  I like to take them out one at a time and bring them to my bed and make them squeak. Sometimes I throw them up in the air too!  Foster mom says in about a week we may start learning about the big stairs once my leg is stronger and also start taking short walks in the neighborhood on the harder pavement.  I am definetly looking forward to those challenges.   We also are going to do a road trip later this week to Greyhound's in Getttysburg to see some other hounds and help with some ice cream scooping.  Sounds exciting! A bunch of my hound friends found furever homes this weekend. I am so very happy for them.  Foster mom said my time will come soon and for now she is happy having me all to herself.  So that is pretty cool.  She did say she would share these pictures of me , hehe!.  Oh and BTW, Happy Easter! 

just being handsome



watching the neighbor and hoping for pets


hanging with foster brother kipper
all the toys!!