Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Coastal - telling it like it is!



Hey everyone!  I’m Coastal (the artist formerly known as WW’s Coastal).  First, let me just say that a lot of nice things have been said about me and...well...I AM a pretty big deal!  I’m really getting the hang of this retirement thing and am super stoked to make my furever family happy and proud!  Until then, I get the chance to brighten the lives of my foster family!  What a lucky hound I am!  By the way, the dude in the white fur is my new “fo-bro” Dizzy.  He has been a big brother to me showing me the ropes.  We run and have lots of fun and he even lets me play with his toys!  I’ve got two foster sisters that are pretty chill too.  I get along with everyone in this cat free home.  I might be a bit shy at first in a new crib, but I’ll be kickn’ it before you know it. I know when to ask to go outside, I don’t mess with other people’s food, and I sleep through the night.  By the way, there has been some really stormy weather lately, but it’s no big deal...I’m a brave boy and can handle it no problem!  I hope to keep you all updated on my adventures!  Until next time!