Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Centex Chino: 4/19/19 - Naps & Friends


Hi Friends! It's me, Cinco. I'm so happy you came back to see what I've been doing with my time now that I'm retired and all. I know I said last time that retirement isn't all fun and games, but I've been having a blast! I've discovered some of the best parts of life: eating, napping and making new greyhound friends. 

One of my favorite parts of the day is mealtime. I'm lucky I get to eat three times a day. I was told foster brother only eats twice a day. But shh! I gotta keep that a secret from him so he doesn't feel bad. Anyway, I LOVE food! I'm not picky at all. I like peanut butter (especially in a Kong when I'm working on alone training), turkey, cream cheese, etc. You name it, and I'd probably eat it. I'm always curious about all the smells in the human food prep area, but my foster parents say it's not good practice to stick my nose on the counter. I try my best, but if I can't eat what's up there you would think they would at least let me smell it! 

Enjoying my breakfast. I'm a real foodie!

The other best part of my day is when I get to take my nap...or naps. I usually take several throughout the day. I sleep in my crate, I sleep on my bed, I rest my head on my foster brother. We're quite the pair. I'm so happy he enjoys napping as much as I do. 

Foster bro thinks he's cool because he knows how to roach...

...But guess what? So can I!

Now, when I got to my current foster home I was disappointed to find only one greyhound buddy to play with. I'm used to being around so many of my friends, it was pretty quiet with just my foster brother around. What I didn't realize until last night is that my foster brother has a few friends in his neighborhood. And guess what? They're retired racers, too! Here we are hanging out in the park after we chased an unsuspecting duck. 



Hanging with my pals!
(Moby, Darwin, and Stella)

Anyway, I'm told that tomorrow I'm going to something called an "adoptathon". It's where my forever family is supposed to find me. I sure hope they're there because I've been waiting for them! 
Hope to see you soon, Forever Family!

Lots of Love, 
Cinco 

Bye Foster Dad! Have a great day at work!

Twins!!

Practicing for Tongue out Tuesday

Caught in the rain