Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Artex Oyster: 11/27 - Feeling Good!

Hi loyal fans!

It's me, Oyster. I'm so excited because foster mom says I might be finding my forever family really soon. I'm finally done with all of my medications and I'm more energetic and playful than ever. Foster mom says she can see a change in me...for the better (as if that was possible). I got some toys out today and chewed a bone...I haven't done either for a long time. I even tried to play bow with foster mom and came real close to trying a zoomie. It made foster mom so happy to see me acting like a young dog again. These past 4 months have been tough, but I know it's all been for the best so I could meet the people that are going to love and care for me forever.


So...here's my Christmas list:

1) toys, bones and yummy treats (plain milk bones are my favorite)

2) A family to call my own

See! Short and sweet. I don't ask for much, just all the love you can give. I promise, I'll return it ten fold.

Hope to see you soon forever family. I know you're out there waiting for me!


Love,
Oyster