Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Mac's Montcriefe: 11/27 - In Love with being Loved

Hello everybody! Mac's Montcriefe is my name, loving is my game 💓
I go by Monty, but if you ask Foster Mom I have a hundred other names; Mont-amour, Montenegro, Monte Carlo, Mont Blanc, Montesquieu... I think she thinks she's cultured. Really dude, we live in Maryland. Monty will be just fine, thank you! Ain't I the cutest!?
Life in retirement is super awesome. I get to stay with three other furry foster siblings! They were totally loving on me all the time when I got here; I was totally cool with that. They're really laid back just like me! My foster sister lets me sleep on her bed sometimes. I know she doesn't love it, but she is always so nice to me.
To be honest though, this is how we spend most of our time. My human foster brother thinks he's a dog. Honestly, he loves on us so much that he might as well be one.
These are the adventures of me, and I'm getting really good at being retired. I sleep a lot. I am so good on the stairs, and the vacuum doesn't faze me at all (FM says that's super important). 
I like my foster siblings, but I REALLY love my humans. Like, a lot. I love to follow FM wherever she goes from the second she gets home just to be near her. Snuggling is the best and I will never turn down some pets and kisses.
Oh wait, you know what I forgot? BACON. Bacon is the best, then snuggles. See that pleading sad face? I'm an expert. It works, and I'm amazing at it. FM is a mush.
I love my stuffies and will take absolutely any left lying around the house to snuggle in my bed. I'm too inclusive for favorites...I'll even take a sock if you let me! Everyone and everything deserves to feel loved, and I am just the pup to do it!

I am sweet, snuggly, and soft. I am a master of all squishy things. I will help you eat your bacon when you can't muster the strength. I will lean on you until you tell me the pets are over or we both topple. I will smother you with smiles, chatters, and kisses when you return from 30 seconds away. I love you already. Who wants to love me??! 




I can't wait to meet you! I just know a gorgeous guy like me is on your holiday list!

xoxo 
Monty 💋