Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Daredevil Decker: 9/25 - Been A Long Time Coming

Decker here and my blog is back in action. I changed foster homes a few weeks ago and my new foster mom has been really busy. She keeps forgetting to tell people about all the stuff I'm learning and how ready I am for my forever home. No worries, I'll take it from here.

Let's start with this handsome face. I'll have you at Hello.

There's more to me than my cute face and happy smile. I've got an excellent palate and I'm a pretty good judge of great food. I simply go into my crate and wait for my food to be served up. I eat nicely and lick the bowl to let the kitchen staff know how much I enjoyed the meal.

I love going for walks and rides. Just grab a leash and I'm ready to go. I'm a little excited at first because I want to meet all of my adoring fans.  Please shower me with hugs and kisses.

Speaking of walks, I'm going to ask foster mom if we can go for one right now. Maybe I can spot a squirrel or a rabbit. Don't worry, I'll be back.