Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

KC's Sam: 9/25 - The One and Only...

Hey y'all! Sam here, with some super exciting news!

Are you ready for it?!

FM says I have mastered the art of being a retired racer! Me...SammaBama...a MASTER!
I have conquered the SlumberBall. This thing was tricky!
I'm like, wicked good at this guys. These beds don't stand a chance against me. I will lie on them however I want, whenever I want.


The toy basket? Identified and owned. I love having a selection. I have my favorites, of course, but FM says a true master doesn't need to discriminate. I make liberal use of everything in there.













Who are we kidding. I love my hedgie the most.







FM's favorite though? My cuddles! I learned that every time FM stops moving I get scratches and snuggles. This means, as any master knows, that I must be at her side all the time. I love to press my face against hers for kisses and nose scratches (the BEST!). When she extends her hand, I put my chin in it for rubs. And, I get to put my head in her lap when she sits on the floor! I have made a pillow! Masterful!



I have achieved great things in my life, but mastering retirement takes the cake. Now, all I need is to ice it with my perfectly perfect forever family. FM says it won't take long...I am very handsome, super sweet, and a perfect little boy (her words, not mine).

I know you're out there. I'll know you when I see you. Til next time!

Your Master of Retirement,
💋  Sam