Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

NBs Cartier: 9/25 - Taking It All In

Woody here. I've had a busy past few days.  So much to see and learn. Foster mom says I have to be ready for my retirement in my forever home. I like the sound of that so I'm trying really hard.

I love the outdoors and I've learned to do all my potty stuff outside. No more belly band for this boy.

I've mastered the crate! Foster mom puts all kinds of good stuff in there so I go in there sometimes just to look for a surprise.  I eat all my meals in the crate and I never whine or bark.

When foster mom leaves for work, I go in the crate and she gives me this really cool but odd shaped ball with cool stuff inside. Today she added some peany budder!  It was great! I can get used to this.

I've graduated to sleeping upstairs.  Foster mom says I'm such a good boy that I can sleep upstairs with her and all the other pups.  There was only one problem with that. Those stairs were scary and Foster mom had to help a few times until I got the hang of it. Now I can do it all by myself.  Foster mom says I'm very smart and brave.  Really I just didn't want to miss anything. My foster brother showed me a great window to look out of where you can see the whole street. Now I need him to share that really big dog bed. I'm always the last one up the stairs and that bed is always taken. It looks super comfy and I can't wait to try it out. Must get faster on the stairs....