Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Myka: 1/15 - Retirement 101

Hey all, my name is Myka. My foster mom calls me "too cute for my own good" but I don't respond to that as well :-)



So it's been not very long since I came off the track so here's the rundown of the things I didn't realize about retirement:

1. So much riding in the car!
I got a crash course in riding in a car in the past couple days! We drive form WV to this place called Greyhound Central and then to my foster home. So much time in the car!

2. Stairs are harder than they look!
Ok clearly my foster mom is nuts, we have to go up and down the stairs to go potty! I tired to explain to her that stairs are not my forte yet, but she said we will work on them. I am personally still a bit skeptical...

3. That I would have to live with cats!
My foster mom has these fuzzy things called cats, they seem ok, but the way they look and move are so strange. I don't know why any sane person would keep these fluff balls around, but I plan on staying away from them.

All in all, I think retirement is working for me and I am so excited to learn more about it!