Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Poe (Flashey Dresser): 10/9 - New Digs!

 Well hello there! It is I, Poe, here to let you know I'm staying with my new pal, Uncle Chris. Have you seen my cuteness lately? Why don't we have a little look?

Here I am being cute while eating my dinner!

Did you know I'm a silly puppy-head? I love to play with toys, especially squeaky and honky toys!

Uncle Chris says I'm going to learn all sorts of stuff while I'm here. I'm pretty excited about that. I've only been here a few days and I've already almost mastered the DOWN command. We use it when I eat my meals or get my treats. Next up is SIT, which is more difficult - but I've got a head start on it. See, I've done it before, so I'll learn it quick. 

What's that? You want more pictures? Well okay!

This one is of me on my first day here relaxing a little.

ZZzzZZZzz...

I'm also an excellent office mate! Do you have a home office that we could hang out in?

This bed in Auntie Kate's office is pretty comfy!

Last one shows you how much I love people. I'm a pretty big fan of Uncle Chris already. I also love every stranger I meet on the street on my walks 😁

We're buddies.

So keep an eye out for more updates as I work on my skills, okay? And I'll make sure UC keeps getting good pictures of me.

Oh, and if you want to meet my infinite cuteness? Fill out an adoption application and maybe it will be a match. Since I love people so much, that would be super fun!

Okay, time for me to go now. I need a nap.

Love and chin kisses,
Poe