Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Poe (Flashey Dresser): 10/16 - I Love Stuffed Toys!

 Hi again everybody! It is I, your pal Poe, and I have something important to share with you today!

I absolutely LOVE stuffies! I like them that squeak, I like it when they squawk, and even when they honk - but you know what I like best about them?

Cuddling!

Oh, so you think this is cute? Me and Monkey spending quality time together?




You're positive it's cute?



What about if we're cuddling like this?

What if we switch from the living room to Auntie Kate's office and I cuddle with the fox stuffie? There are real foxes that live in Uncle Chris's neighborhood and I got to see one on a walk the other night - It was super cool!


"Mmph! Help, this is too much love!" ~ Mr. Fox



Cuddling like this makes us all happy...

How about a quick pupdate to go along with cute picutures?
  • I've totally mastered the DOWN command! Still working on SIT, and STAY will come later.
  • I've got excellent signals for "I have to go out to potty"
  • I'm a great office mate to Auntie Kate and a good helper to Uncle Chris during the day.
  • And I'm doing good on my alone training - I went 2 hours all by myself the other day without issue!
Okay, just wanted to check in with you. Don't forget, if you'd like to meet me? Make sure you've got all your application stuff filled out and maybe we'll be a good match! That would be super fun.

Falling asleep on my blankie as I type...

Love and lots of Nose Bumps,
Poe