Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Poe (Flashey Dresser): 10/29 - Tired after meeting a new friend.

 Yawn! Gosh, am I ever tired. I went to meet a new doggie friend today! His name is Stormy, and he's a medium to large doggie (Uncle Chris says he's a wirehaired Griffon), and we sniffed each other, and then we ran around together (muzzled, of course), and then we had a couple of treats, and then it was time to go home. 

Uncle Chris tried to get a good picture of us playing, but he's not very good with the camera - so you're stuck with what I'm doing now that I'm home:

Sleeping!! 

I'm so sleepy, I need a nap!

That was such a fun and exciting adventure! Hopefully I get to see my new pal again soon.

*Bonus Photo*

I love being close to my Foster People!

The other night I wanted to be super close to Auntie Kate, who was on the couch. But gosh, I'm not allowed on the furniture as a foster dog, so I got as close as I could - as you can see above!

Okay, that's it for today - but don't forget to make sure to have all of your application stuff filled out correctly in case we're a match. Maybe your couch is next!

Love and Nose Bumps,
Poe