Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Eddie (Royal Envoy): 8/16 - Sittin’ Pretty

 Hello again friends,


I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Personally, I could go for a little less heat and a little less rain. It’s interfering with my sunbathing and walks.


Sometimes my foster mom pulls out the camera to take pictures of me.  I’m not sure why, but it has something to do with “sit”.  She says I’m a natural, but she has to be able to catch it at the right time and reward me, so I can learn to do it on command.  I don’t know what any of that means, but reward sounds a lot like treat 🦴 to me, so I hope she can figure it out soon!


Foster mom, I’m waiting sooooo patiently for dinner.  Why are you taking my picture?


Come on foster mom, you’re embarrassing me!


Well, if you say it’s because I’m so handsome, then I guess one more is alright! 



That’s all for today!  Wishing you all a good work week.  FYI - I don’t have a work week because I am RETIRED!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!   (Foster mom said bragging about that on a Monday is not the best form, but I’m a dog and don’t know better, so #sorrynotsorry.)



Until next time,



Eddie🐾