Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Eddie (Royal Envoy): 8/11 - There’s a New Kid in Town!

Hello friends,


I’m sure you’ve seen me on the available dogs page on the GEGR website and wondered, “why are there no posts about this guy? - he’s so handsome!” (ok, I just threw that last part in, but I have been told it’s true).  Well, my foster mom’s been kind of busy at work, so I decided to help her out and take matters into my own paws.


My name is Royal Envoy, but everyone calls me Eddie.   I just turned 2 in June, but my foster mom says I’m so sweet and gentle, you’d never know I was just out of puppyhood.  




This is me the day I arrived at my foster home.  I was

showing off my very best ears.




I came in with the other new dogs from West Virginia on July 24th, but I’m not allowed to meet adopters yet.  Foster mom  (FM) said it had something to do with me having extra parts the other boys didn’t have. If I heard her right, FM said that I have to go to the vet to get tutored, and then I’ll be ready to meet families.  I don’t know what the vet has to teach me before I can be adopted, but I visited them today and everyone was nice, so I’m sure when I go back, it will be a good time.

I live in a two story house with my foster mom and 3 other greyhounds; we all get along really well.  I also have met several small dogs, and I’ve been very gentle with them.


There are a lot of things to learn in a new home, but I am mastering the basics: 

 

staying calm in my crate when FM leaves?   ✅


learning to do the inside stairs all by myself?   ✅


only going to the bathroom outside?  ✅


I still have a lot to learn, but I have already discovered a few favorite times of day:


1.  Breakfast time  🍳

2.  Yard time 🏡

3.  Snack time 🦴

4.  Dinner time 🍽

5.  Bedtime treat time  🦴


This is me with my foster sister, Gianna.  We look A LOT alike, but she is really tiny and my foster mom says I’m “a tall drink of water”.  


That’s me on the left, and Gianna on the right. 



 And then we turned the “awwww factor” way up! 

 




Stay tuned!   I’ll post more about my adventures in foster care, so you can see how I’m progressing. 



Until next time,



Eddie 🐾