Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Burst (Js Xplosion): 1/12 - Here I Am!

Burst here!  I can't believe it's been over a week since I got to my foster place - time flies when you're in retirement!

It's been a whirlwind of fun and I'm greyt! My new adventure started with a very pleasant car ride. I was very curious about the lady in the window giving out cups. I didn't get one, but it was still really cool!


Then I slept for the rest of the ride.... well, except for when I found a glove and was playing with that until they took it away because they didn't want me to eat it ... I mean, really, who's going to eat a glove??


Then we got to my foster home and met two other hounds like me and two little pitties that love me too; it's really neat having so many new friends already. And guess what they had? TOYS!!! I LOVE TOYS!! It was soooo much fun playing with them.



It really wore me out and I took a nice comfy nap right in the middle of them all!


So, that's my first adventure. I can't wait to have a lot more; maybe even with you?!?!