Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Eyes (Dyin Eyes): 11/24 - Me and LeBron James

Hello there - it's me, LeBron James! Oh, wait - that's another dude who's really talented, but we're here to talk about my awesome skills. Aren't we?

It's actually me, Eyes. But I'm starting to think I could compete with Mr. James. Oh no, obviously not in basketball (though I am pretty tall), but just in comparing how good we are at our skills. Check it out...

He's good at 3-pointers, right? Well, take a gander at my version of a 3-pointer - I now sit from standing just about every time I'm asked. You say Sit? My bum hits the floor. BOOM.

Booya! That's three from way downtown!!



Swish... Nothing but Net.

Not bad from outside the arc, right? Why is this important, you might ask? Again, it helps me learn that I have a place in the family - and that place is not at the top of the pecking order. That's your job, and it helps me feel more comfortable and confident knowing that if anything happens that I'm unsure what to do, I can turn to you for direction. These aren't "tricks", these are life skills for me. I'm going to be happiest if I learn to be polite and do simple things to earn my keep. Think of it as like when your Mom or Dad or whoever told you how important it was to say Please and Thank You - exactly the same.

Now, back to the trash talk 🏀🏀 We all know LeBron has some skills when it comes to getting above the rim. But I've got that covered, too. You might remember from this post that I was learning to Sit and Stay, but maybe hadn't quite mastered all the nuances. Yeah, I can totally dunk on LeBron with Stay now. Just you watch and see!



See how good I am at that now? I think that's going to be on SportsCenter tonight!

And just for fun, how cute is this puppy? I think we should meet up and cuddle a little bit - does that sound good to you?

Don't mind the purple hue - UC was watching the Ravens game.

Okay, last thing? Don't forget how much I love adventures! Maybe my Forever Family will want to take me for super fantastic hikes? (hint, hint).

I think Everest should be on the 2021 calendar.

Don't forget to check out my previous posts if you haven't seen them. I make progress every day. And I'm ready for my Forever Family to come pick me up! I'll talk to you later this week with more developments (but less basketball - sorry about all that, Uncle Chris doesn't actually know much about BB but I thought it might be fun).

Love and Sweet Snuggly Hugs,
Eyes