Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Eyes (Dyin Eyes): 11/19 - More Skills

Eyes reporting for duty! I heard you were interested in seeing more of my skills (and maybe some cute stuff, right?).

First, let's talk about my work from home skills. We've all had to make that transition this year, and let me woof - it hasn't been easy for any of us. But we have to persevere. I've been working hard to do my part by being a good office-mate to Auntie Kate. She has those dreaded video meetings a lot, so it's important for me to use my skills in a support capacity. So I guess I'm really her K9 assistant? She better not ask me to get coffee, though...

I'm excellent at shorthand: S...L...E...E...P...Y...

You may notice that I have my very own assistant, Skeeky Puppy. I carried him up to the office from downstairs all by myself. He specializes in Data Analytics (just kidding, he specializes in Skeek). So if you need a good work partner for all those ridiculously boring video meetings? I'm your pup!

Now, one of the really important skills that any pupper needs is to be good on a leash, at least I think so. Especially if that particular pupper (ahem, ahem) likes to go for awesome walks with all the good sniffs and stuff. 
So what constitutes good leash manners? That's easy:
  • A loose leash. This is most important. It's okay to pull a little if you see a bunny rabbit or something really interesting, but for the most part? There shouldn't be any tension on the leash (unless the person is putting it there for a reason).
  • Responding to a gentle tug and a friendly word. If I get really interested in something (like another dog, which are awesome!), just a gentle reminder tug on the leash and a "C'mon Eyes" is all it takes to get me moving along again.
  • Not jumping off the dock to go see the duckies. Well, not yet anyway - no promises 🙈. Just kidding...
Here's a good example of my leash walking skills. Don't mind the weird video - Uncle Chris had a hard time figuring out how to film this himself.



I really like my harness - it works extremely well for me. But see how the leash is loose and I'm just trucking along with UC? That's how we do it!

Okay, that's it for now. I'll have more pics and videos of me doing awesome stuff soon. I've still got to show you my mastery of Stay. And how I sit from standing now? I think that's going to be one that I'm going to come to regret - I believe that it's going to be involved in getting to go for walkies. Blech.

Oh, and remember my new pal, Ollie the Onion, from this post? Ummm, yeah... Turns out that he's not like Miss Kitty who I am so careful with. He didn't make it.

Poor Ollie.

Hey, don't forget to catch up on all my adventures in my previous blog posts.

Love and office help,
Eyes