Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Eyes (Dyin Eyes): 11/16 - Downtown Adventure!

Omigosh, I had so much fun yesterday! Wait, right... Hi, it's me - Eyes! Sorry, I'm just so excited to tell you.

I just love interesting walks. I like to see new stuff and sniff stuff and pee on stuff... it's just awesome! Yesterday was a nice, albeit windy, day and so Uncle Chris and Auntie Kate took me downtown on an adventure.

A regal profile in the state capital if I don't say so myself.

We walked down to Ego Alley first (that's the water behind me in the pictures). I got compliments from pretty much everyone on how handsome I am *Blushing*. I even won one lady a couple bucks on a bet she had with her husband on whether I was a whippet or a greyhound. Given that I'm a pretty big boy greyhound, I'm guessing they'd never seen either one in real life in the fur.

Checking out the duckies - have I mentioned I have cute ears?

Then we got to go to an awesome doggie store down there. It was so cool! I was looking around and saw a particularly interesting toy. Auntie Kate let me pick it out for myself and I got to take it home. Who knew doggie stores were so cool? I hope I get to go back, or just maybe when my Forever Family finds me we could go to a doggie store together?

I picked out Ollie the Onion all by myself!

Then it was time to head back home, so off we went up Main Street. I sure like walkies to new places - would you like to go on cool walks with me?

Heading back up main street.

And of course when we got home it was time for me to play with the toy I had picked out - I'd like everyone to meet Ollie the Onion!!


As you can clearly see, Ollie is the most amazing onion ever 😁.

In other news - I am learning to Sit from a standing position! I haven't quite got it mastered yet, but I'm sure it will be good soon. And my Stay gets more flawless every single day.

Lastly, I want to give a quick shout out to all the really nice people I met on Saturday. If that was you? It was great to meet you and thanks for all the pets and ear scritches!

Okay, time for my nap. Roo at you soon!
Love and stretching while my feet are on top of yours,
Eyes