Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Lisa (PJ Pinkies Up): 2/1 - Update from retirement


Hello Friends! Lisa here with another update from retirement. I've been a busy girl and have been on my best behavior. I'm a very observant pup and a quick learner. I was quick to pick up the routine at my foster home and my foster parents tell me I'm a greyt student! I know lots of commands and am just itching to learn more. I've also figured out that I don't have to be so busy during the day, that I can just sleep and that's okay. Check out some of these pics of me relaxing:





My foster parents have been taking me on walks and to run errands with them. They say my leash manners have improved significantly. I really like my outings, especially because I like to take in all the sights and smells of the big world. Here are some photos of me from a few of our outings:




Anyway, that's all for now. I'm doing really well in my foster family, but I think it's time for me to move on to my Forever Home. I know my Family is out there and I hope we'll be together very soon! 

-Lisa 🐾