Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Buff (Atascocita Buff): 2/2 - Busy weekend


Hi, it’s me again, Buff! I’ve had a busy weekend impressing my foster parents. They say I’ve really taken to retired life and I’m the perfect big buddy!


I’ve met all sorts of different people and dogs on our walks, and I’m nice to all of them. I get a little waggle bum going to let everyone know that I want to say hello and meet them! I do get a little disappointed if people walk by without stopping though, and sometimes I’ll watch them disappear down the street looking a bit sorry for myself.


It’s possible that my new favorite thing is having long naps in my bed. I’m such a quiet sleeper too and don’t even snore! Having a nap with some relaxing music after a walk around the block is the best!


I’m coming out of my shell a little bit and have been playing with my toys and doing zoomies in the back yard. That said, I’m still a bit unsure about stairs and I don’t really like it when I think I’m going to be left behind. Every time my foster parents try to get their shoes on I’ll lean my entire body against their legs or head to stop them tying their laces! I keep forgetting that half the time they are getting ready to take me for a walk!

Until next time...

- Buff