Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Lisa (PJ Pinkies Up): 12/15 - Hi! I'm new here!


Hello Friends! My name is PJ Pinkies Up, but everyone knows me as Lisa. I know, I know, you're wondering how you get Lisa from PJ Pinkies Up. Well, truth be told, I have no idea, so I just go with it. I used to race in West Virginia, but now I'm retired. I made the trip from the track to the nice folks at Greyt Expectations in Maryland just this past weekend, and now I'm at my foster home in Virginia. It's been a busy couple of days, but now the real work begins: Learning about retirement! 
Here are some photos my foster mom took of our looong road trip: 

Day 1: On the road with my fellow retirees.
The adventure begins!
Hey, Foster Mom...you got any snacks? 

Day 2: Another stop!? Why aren't we there yet?
Still not home...Guess I'd better catch up on some ZZZs
As you can see, I spent too much time cooped up in that van. I'm not used to so much travel, but I guess that's what us retired folk do so I'll probably have to get used to it at some point. It's a good thing my foster parents decided to take me on a walk with my foster brother afterwards because these speed sticks (legs) needed a good stretch! 

My first sunset stroll by the beach!
I think I could get used to this.
Once we got to my foster home I got to spend some time with my foster brother. We look a lot alike, and are even related. He says he's been retired a while and can show me the ropes. I'm still young and know I have lots to learn, so it's a good thing I'm not doing all this alone. 


CTRL+C, CTRL+V
That's me with my foster brother.
We're like twins!

Getting some good advice about retirement

Well that's all for now. It's time for my nap on these comfy things I've just discovered called "beds". I'll catch you all next time with more photos of all the new things I'm learning! 

-Lisa 🐾