Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Destroyer (Flying Destroyer): 11/23 - In the house!



Hello!  I am Flying Destroyer!  I know! It's a pretty tough name for such a sweet guy like me!!!  I am a tall, playful, happy guy who loves playing with my humans and foster sisters!  This is me with my rather petite foster sister!



We could play with squeaky toys all day!!!  They are the most fun!!!  But foster mom does not like when I try to liberate the squeaker from the toy to eat it!



I usually go for long walks with my three foster sisters.  We find the absolute best "stuff" to sniff!!!!  I like walking on the leash with my human and she says I do pretty good!  I don't try to chase things very often but foster mom holds on to the leash tight just in case!

I am an easy going guy and can get comfortable pretty much anywhere!

Nothing to see here.....just taking a wee cat nap!


This is me watching foster mom fix dinner to make sure she didn't skimp on ingredients!

So to sum it up, I am an easy going guy!  I love hanging out with my humans as well as playing with my sisters!  I especially like when my humans talk to me!  It makes me feel special and connected!  My three favorite things are going for walks, playing with toys and taking naps!!! I am a strong, tall boy but can be gentle too!!  Foster mom promises to get some outdoor pics so you can see how handsome I really am!!!  So stay tuned for more!!!