Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Burnie (Par Burn it Down): 11/15 - Can’t wait for tomorrow


Burnie here. I’m looking forward to tomorrow, I hear it’s a big day! Although truth be told, I look forward to every day! Each day is a new adventure when you’re a smart, curious, boy like me.


I have learnt so many things with my foster parents over the past couple of weeks, but the thing I’m looking forward to most is meeting my forever family and starting a new life with them. I have my quirks, but apparently I’m “everything you could ever ask for”.


Goodnight for now. Hope to see you tomorrow morning!

-Burnie.